Forum Discription: Introduce yourself in 140 characters or more
URL: http://www.buymmacards.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6620
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 12:30am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.62 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Member Giveaway!
Posted By: Kobraki
Subject: New Member Giveaway!
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 7:14am
Great guy to deal with, look forward to dealing with again, thanks man!!

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: matthewevan
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:17am
Hey:

I had an idea, and I hope you guys think it is worthwhile.  If not, tell me and I will shut up...

The name of this idea is "One Man's Trash"-  as we know what one man considers trash, another may consider treasure.. 

I am looking for a new member- someone with less than 100 posts- could be anyone-  The first person who responds by saying "I Love BMMAC" will be the winner.

Now- for what you win:

I have put together a small flat rate priority mail box ($5.20 postage)

That box has 20 cards in Top Loaders, all of which are either autos, relics, inserts or #ed cards.
The box presently includes cards of GSP, Bones, Aldo, Shields, Phil Davis and more.

None of the cards are crap- and they range from Rd1(Top Ten Fight Gold Insert)- to Ring Kings(Relic Auto)- to Title Shot (Autos) to Leaf (Dual Auto etc)..

The purpose of this box is for the New Member who gets it to go through it and select any of the cards that they are interested in.  After picking any of the cards.. there is NO Limit- You can take one, two or all twenty.. that New member must replace the same number of cards they take with cards of equal or better value (just be reasonable)..  The New member then comes back to this thread and asks for another new member to post a reply saying "I love BMMAC"-  Once that reply is received, and shipping address is obtained, the member packs up another Small Flat Rate Priority Mail box and ships the cards to the person who replied to them. 

It is that simple. 

The purpose of this idea is two-fold  1) New members will have an opportunity to build their collections by trading cards that they have and may not necessarily want for those that they are more interested in; and perhaps more importantly - 2) New members, by getting ivolved and following through with sending the box on to the next guy, will show that they are trustworthy and would make a good trading partner.  (kind of like building up a feedback/good reputation) Since I am putting up the first 20 cards, I am the only one who really stands to lose anything if someone runs away with the cards.. Hopefully that doesn't happen..  Anyway, I hope this idea catches on as a fun new way for New members to get involved in the site. 

Perhaps the member who wins can post what they took out and also what the put in the new box..

And now-- I need someone with less than 100 posts to reply that they Love BMMAC...anyone?

Posted By: Mr.Slice
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:32am

cp just went on full strike but i like this idea very much

-------------
photobucket.com/Mr_Slice_Bones_Card_Collection

Posted By: Mr.Slice
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:37am

p.s ...i hate canada post : )

-------------
photobucket.com/Mr_Slice_Bones_Card_Collection

Posted By: Furio
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:46am
I think BMMAC is fab

Edit: but posting Intl maybe not a good idea! someone else can win!

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 12:20pm
I can try to to a second box later today/tonight and keep that one for Canada only.. I dont want to limit the trading to just US members.  Beyond Canada, though, I dont want people to have to pay crazy shipping rates to get a Leaf Dual Auo or an Aldo Gear /188 or whatever..

Posted By: KingLesnar
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 12:43pm
Its a cool idea! go for it

Posted By: BonesCollector
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 3:26pm
I like this idea and "I LOVE BMMAC" would be happy to get involved get some cards and give some of mine. Thanks

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 4:04pm
Alright Bones Collector- You are getting the box.  PM me your shipping address and the cards will go out tomorrow.

Thanks. I hope this works out and the New members enjoy it!

Posted By: jalenrepresents10
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 4:42pm

Cool idea.  I'll go through the box next if that's the plan. 

I think that we should also post what we took out and put back in the box.  Or maybe just send that information to Mathewevan.

Oh ya.  I love BBMAC.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 5:17pm
jalen. thanks for the input. 

what will happen now is ..i will send the box to bonescollector after he pms me his shipping info.  after he gets it and puts in/takes out, he will come back here and post what he took and what he put in..he will then ask.."who loves BMMAC?"  at that time, you or any new member can respond "ilove bmmac". whoever responds first will get the box sent to them by bonescollector.

any suggestions on how to make the process smoother/better we can try to work in as we go along.. so check back b/c after bonescollector gets the box, he could come back on at anytime and ask..looking for the next recipient.

thanks
matt

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 11:40am
The Box is OUT to Bones Collector. He should receive it in a few days so be on the lookout for his Post asking 'who loves BMMAC?'  

Posted By: judojitsu
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:06pm
sweet idea!  but what are guidelines for "new" members?  I am (relatively) new but have tons of posts already haha.

-------------
Wanted: Cerrone parallels/ Ring Kings/ Round 2/3/4 Fight Mats! see:
http://buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6837&title=judojitsu - Feedback/Wantlist/For Trade

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by judojitsu

sweet idea!  but what are guidelines for "new" members?  I am (relatively) new but have tons of posts already haha.

The rules are 100 posts or less.

It is to get new members involved and give people who are guests (and can only see this thread as guests)- a reason to sign up and join etc.  It also lets new guys with no real feedback here establish themselves as trustworthy when they follow through. 

I can try to do one for people with 500plus posts to get you involved also..

Posted By: hawaiimma
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by matthewevan

Originally posted by judojitsu

The rules are 100 posts or less.

It is to get new members involved and give people who are guests (and can only see this thread as guests)- a reason to sign up and join etc.  It also lets new guys with no real feedback here establish themselves as trustworthy when they follow through. 

I can try to do one for people with 500plus posts to get you involved also..

can i just make a "new account"?

just playing, but on the real this is a great idea. Clap

-------------
http://www.buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5868&title=hawaiimma - My Feedback,Want List and Cards for Sale

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by matthewevan

The Box is OUT to Bones Collector. He should receive it in a few days so be on the lookout for his Post asking 'who loves BMMAC?'  
Looking forward to it and will be posting what i get out of it and whats added.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 9:32am
Got the Box and only taking a couple cards will post what they are and what i replaced them with. Who is next to "Love BMMAC" ??

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 12:16am
Im surprised no one has claimed this yet, I wanna know what came out and what went in!

-------------
Sell me a Nate Diaz 1st auto onyx /88?

Posted By: WhiteIvy
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 12:34am

I want in!!!  I LOVE BMMAC! 

-------------

Posted By: judojitsu
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 1:17am
Originally posted by BonesCollector

Got the Box and only taking a couple cards will post what they are and what i replaced them with. Who is next to "Love BMMAC" ??
so what were they

-------------
Wanted: Cerrone parallels/ Ring Kings/ Round 2/3/4 Fight Mats! see:
http://buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6837&title=judojitsu - Feedback/Wantlist/For Trade

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:32am
Originally posted by WhiteIvy

I want in!!!  I LOVE BMMAC! 

Welcome WhiteIvy!! - if you have not already done so, please PM your shipping address to BonesCollector.  he will then send the box on to you.

Thanks

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 11:49am

Sent my info, can't wait!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 12:01pm
Only took out a Ryan Bader Title Shot Gear and a Jose Aldo KO Gear /188 just cause i don't have a Aldo Gear or Auto.

Put in a Ant. Rog. Nog. Round 4 Onyx Gear /88 and a Thiago Silva Main Event Gear. Will be mailing out to Whiteivy in morn. Thanks for this great idea Matt!! Hope we can keep it going around so after maybe 5-6 turns through everybody else maybe i can get it again and see whats new and just keep going around that way the cards will keep changing.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:15pm
I knew there was a 0% chance that the Aldo was making past the first guy.. there is still some good stuff in there..rd1 top ten fight gold, leaf dual auto, ring kings relic auto, etc..

i hope the new members enjoy it and keep it going!

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:48pm
Yea I'm not too worried, I'll still take the box Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 5:41pm
Got the Package today! GREAT LOT!!!  Who's next? Reply "I love BMMAC" and then PM me your address!

Took: Sherk vs Griffin R1 Gold Top 10 Fights (awesome!) & Jake Shields TS Mat Relic (could have took more, but I wanted to save some of the other big cards and names for someone else (Jones, P. Davis, GSP)).

Put in Box: (Tried to put in some more R1 & R2 cards)
(3) R1 Fight Mat Relics: Arroyo vs. Kolosci, Markham vs. Farber, Grove vs. Herman
R2 Forrest Griffin Gold Fight Mat Relic
R2 Wanderlei Silva Mat Relic
R2 CB Dollaway Autograph (There might be someone who doesn't have one?LOL)
R2 Brock Lesnar Greats of the Game
S4 Melvin Guillard Autograph
S4 Randy Couture Gold Base
KO Travis Browne #/188 Base
KO Mike Brown Gear Relic #/188

Would like to thank Matheweven for the great idea, and Bones for passing on the box.

I am also including a map of the U.S. in the box.  Thought people could put an "X" on where they are, then we can see all the places these cards traveled.

Who's next???????????????????????????????????????????????

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 5:53pm
nice addition with the map..great idea!!  now who else loves BMMAC?

Posted By: Elite
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 8:00pm
How sadCry Nobody loves BUYMMACConfusedLOL

-------------
http://www.buymmacards.com/member-Elite - Buymmacards & EBay Cards for Sale http://www.buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7053&title=elite - -Trade list

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 5:18pm
whiteIvy still has this box..waiting on a new member to claim it...anybody want it? 

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:13pm
I love BMAC!

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:13pm
Or BMMAC...

Posted By: Raleighwood
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 10:19pm
I got all excited thinking I could finally get a CB auto....... only to find out it's only for new members lol

-------------
http://www.buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5951&title=raleighwood-for-sale - Feedback and Cards for Sale

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:44am
Allright!!  PM me your address and I will send off the box ASAP!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:30am
Sent the box out yesterday!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 6:55pm
Got the box. It was fun. 

I didn't see the map though.........

Took Out
Rnd 2 Griffin Mat /199
Rnd 1 Grove Mat
Guillard S4 Auto
Mike Pyle Ring Kings Auto
Pat Barry TS Auto

Put in
Rnd 2 Neer 2cl Mat
Hamill S4 Auto
Herman Leaf Auto
Koscheck Knockout Auto /188
Maynard Knockout /88
Vemola Knockout /188
Florian S4 Gear
Big Nog Rnd 1 Gold Base Card

Who's next?

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 8:22pm
Nice! Glad you get the box. 

The map is right under the lid of the box it is pressed between another piece of cardboard.

-------------

Posted By: JonnyAction
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 7:36pm
Matthew,

This is a fantastic idea.  Thanks for helping make the community on here stronger and tighter.  Can't wait to see what happens with this box over time.

-------------
http://www.buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2108&title=jonnyaction - My feedback, needs, for sale & for trade

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:39am
It should be fun. I like the map Idea too. It should be fun in a few months to put a picture of that Map up on the site so we can see how the box has made its way around the country.  Now- who loves BMMAC?- Jalenrepresents put some awesome stuff in there..we just need someone to claim it now.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 12:16am
Who's up?  Someone loves BMMAC.....

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 10:18am
Jalen, did you find the map?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 1:24pm
Where's the love....

Posted By: demac09
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 3:38pm
Great idea Mathewevan! Maybe we need to direct some new members to this topic as it looks like no one is reading it.

-------------
I want anything 1/1 of Machida will trade or pay cash!!

Posted By: thepopeofchilitown
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 3:49pm
i'd not read this before. matthewevan, you rock! StarClap

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 4:17pm
Maybe we need to amend the rules to members with under 250 or 300 posts(or no post limit)-- and maybe open it to Canada as long as the participants are willing to pay for the shipping..

what do you guys think?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 4:53pm
I think it should have no post limit, anyone who wants it should be able to have a go (except INTL shipped of course) but I think it would be more exciting if people who have been collecting a long time got the box and swapped some things around in there. Just imo.

-------------
Sell me a Nate Diaz 1st auto onyx /88?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 5:19pm
I say open it up and see what happens..

-------------

Posted By: Brandonc333
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 7:21pm
I Love BMMACSmile

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 10:55pm
Winner Winner!

Send me your address and I'll send the box out to you.

Posted By: lippopper66
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:04pm

This is pretty cool what ever happened to the box? Is is still being passed around?

-------------
PEEPEE WHEN YOU SEE ME!!!!!!!!!! youtube search cove fight1
succsessful trades ALLANJFIRMAN,UGLY,MAX, FRIZZZLECAKE,nbatoppspoker,es_19,rolinger

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:07pm
Extremely cool, it just got sent off a week ago.  Which will be the 4th person to get the box (myself included).  Waiting for Round 2...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:09pm

Did the post count change or is it still new members?

-------------
succsessful trades ALLANJFIRMAN,UGLY,MAX, FRIZZZLECAKE,nbatoppspoker,es_19,rolinger

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:12pm
I think it's still new members with under a 100 posts.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:16pm
cool i hope the map idea pans out it would be cool for a picture update with the post for what cards they exchange watch it evolve ya know?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:23pm
Brandon should have recieved it today, or maybe it's tomorrow.  I look forward to seeing what he takes and out and puts in.

-------------
Successful trades with - Demac09, Brandaloo, Telis22, Matthewevan, Daparham, Raleighwood

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 12:40am
Not to overdue this point but this was seriously a great idea.  Bravo Mathewevan Clap.  Looking forward to following this box around the country.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:19am
every once in a while my brain comes up with something that makes sense.. or like my wife says..even a broken watch gets it right 2 times a day..

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:28am
lol

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 3:27pm
I got it yesterday! Really really cool stuff. Im still new so most of the cards I havent seen before in person. Still trying to decide what to trade. Most of the more bigger name cards have prolly been taken but I still really like this chael sonnen mat. Smile I am going to show them to my brother (keysersoze.. also new member) and will be re-sending it shortly. Thanks

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 1:24am
What's the verdict?  Anxious to hear....

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 12:19am
What did you take from the box? What did you put back in?

-------------
Successful trades with - Demac09, Brandaloo, Telis22, Matthewevan, Daparham, Raleighwood

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:08am
I'm at work right now and will post what got traded when I get home. My brother also traded 2 or 3 so will have to get list from him as well. I would be curious to see what the box started with in full to begin with. No huge stars left, but box was totally worth it when I saw my favorite fighter right now. Mr Chael Sonnen grounding pounding anderson with the mat relic lol. So I know I'm taking that just gotta figure what to put in. =) 

P.S. Who do I send this to next?

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:39am
Brandon- you have to ask-- "who loves BMMAC?"

and the person who responds "i love BMMAC"- they 'win' the box and they pm you their address so you can send them the box

so- anybody love BMMAC?

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:26am
Ah thanks. I wasnt sure if there was a list or if it just started new after every person. A bunch of fun cards waiting on next lucky person.  SOOOOOO... who loves BMMAC?

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 5:31pm
2 weeks... We need some love....

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:40pm
Looks like the limitation was too restrictive. How about anyone with 400 posts or less.. For some guys that is a month on the site.

Anyone love BMMAC?- If so, Speak up and Brandon will send you the box!

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 6:41am
i dont know what made me think about this box this morning...but i am glad i did!! anybody want free cards??? if so, reply with I love BMMAC and Brandon can finally stop playing with his box and let someone else get in on the fun...anybody?

Posted By: ugly
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:01pm
I love BMMAC  8)  

-------------

Posted By: allanjfirman
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:27pm
i live bmmac , im next sexy , i mean ugly after you . i got stuff to build a shoe box , well so i lie a bit but i can replenish for the newbies . i still like the 100 or less posts unless we need an emergency call . you alright with that mattheaven .

-------------
http://www.buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6819&title=allanjfirman -
For Sale/Trade

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:54pm
at this point, if brandonc333 is willing to ship it, i think we can open it up to whoever wants it. it has been dead for 2 months..

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:05pm
then vip and graded cards it is . your the man , man 

-------------
http://www.buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6819&title=allanjfirman -
For Sale/Trade

Posted By: ugly
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:19pm
should get both boxes to meet up and become one.

-------------

Posted By: b5sonoma
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 8:40pm
Is this box still going around? If so then " I LOVE BMMAC"!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 8:51pm
I believe it fizzled out , so the VIP's assumed it and now is passed around with more appealing/somewhat rare/higher end cards .

So the spirit of this cause , that was created by Matthew , carries on and the travel map gets X'ed where its been throughout the journey .

I think its on its way to Canada now .

-------------
For Sale/Trade

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 8:58pm

I thought the VIP box was a different one?

-------------
http://www.buymmacards.com/member-Elite - Buymmacards & EBay Cards for Sale http://www.buymmacards.com/scripts/buymmacards/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7053&title=elite - -Trade list

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 9:02pm
Ya , i could be wrong , i thought i recalled that they were now slammed together .
Was the map in yours when you did it .
I never participated , so i know jack sh*t on the topic , but was offering what pearls of al'shiemers i could .

-------------
For Sale/Trade

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by b5sonoma

Is this box still going around? If so then " I LOVE BMMAC"!!!!!!!

b5.  send a PM to brandonc333. he has the box and was on the site today.

if he doesnt respond to your PM in a few days, send me your shipping address and i will get a new member box out to you.

Welcome to the site!!!

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 9:49pm
THE GHOST OF BMMAC Past , Present and Yet to Come , like The Christmas Carol is ALIVE !!!

Past :  One is reminded of time when once was innocent

Present :
  One gets a sense of responsibility for his fellow man

Yet to come :
  A warning , to act upon what you have just witnessed and to change ones ways
in hopes of changing the " shadows of what maybe "

http://www.lifesitenews.com/images/sized/images/news/scrooge1-580x388.jpg

-------------
For Sale/Trade

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 10:11pm
^ great insight, wash it down with some.. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 10:34pm
In order to see these 3 ghosts , you forgot something there Pancho .  Wink

http://gaspadine.alfa.lt/pics/ing_353_1202898952_t97nc2.jpg

BESIDES YOUR EGGNOG IS WAY PAST ITS EXPIRY DATE !!!

-------------
For Sale/Trade

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 6:52pm
PM sent lets see what happens?

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:35pm
Just got PM from B5. I still have box somewhere, its been awhile. Will be shipping as soon as i get time. Hope you enjoy!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 7:24pm
well done Brandon...

i dont know how to insert videos like you guys do.. but i wish someone could find a clip of Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein yelling.. "its alive"..Its Alive!!!!".. Where is dr harry paratestis when you need him?

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 7:52pm

[TUBE]ZnwIIKnWJtg[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: Orionpax42
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 8:59pm
I hadn't seen this thread before today.  Awesome job, even if it did fizzle a bit recently.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Elite

[TUBE]ZnwIIKnWJtg[/TUBE]

thank you Ron. this site rules!..

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 2:50pm
It's Christmas for the big kids! The new member box got here 2 days ago and I opened it last night. Merry Christmas to me. I hope some other new members want this box next as I plan on loading this thing up! Merry Christmas to you all!

Posted By: le_buffalo_bill
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 9:11pm
I didn't read the whole 9 pages but if b5sonoma want to ship the box to canada, i would be more than willing to take a look at it because i love bmmac ( at least I'm sure I will :) ). Thanks

Posted By: landonsdad
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 6:06pm
Id love a shot to keep this  great idea alive and going. I Love BMMAC!

Posted By: Rolinger1977
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by landonsdad

Id love a shot to keep this  great idea alive and going. I Love BMMAC!
Would love a shot at a box of cards to run off with, along with bets.  

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.62 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com