FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Finally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BigDaddy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BigDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally
    Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 8:58am
I never formally introduced myself. My name is Larry and I live in Alabama. I have been a fan of the UFC for many many years!!! I have never collected any type of cards or sports memorabilia until UFC 88. I attended my first live UFC event. UFC was popular, but not nearly what it is today. I joined the fight club in order to get presale tickets, the weigh-ins, the Forest Griffin interview, pic and autograph with Forest.... We went to Atlanta on the Friday before the fights for the weigh-ins. We had a blast with the meet and greet. We head back to the motel to kick back and relax. We walk in and there is this guy who had just met a lot of fighters and got lots of autographs. We asked him how he did it...he said..I just went to their hotel about 3 blocks over. Needless to say we jetted right over and hung around the lobby. It was FREAKING AWESOME!!!! We got pictures made with Bruce Buffer, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Kenny Florian, Herb Dean, Yves Lavigne, Miguel Torres, Rampage Jackson, Keith Jardine, Brian Stann, Sokoudjou and I am sure I am leaving out a couple more. At that point, I was already a fan, but I was completely hooked after that!!! I started collecting the action figures, and I ordered a case of Topps Round 1 Series when they first came out. I just ordered the cards because they were UFC. They stayed behind my recliner in the plastic until April 2012. We had tickets to UFC 145 and I remembered I had the cards, and I thought I would take them and maybe get some autographs on them and put them up. On the way to Atlanta, we opened every pack of cards and went through them to see who we thought might be there. I had no idea the difference in cards. I thought the thicker ones meant something and certainly the ones with numbers meant something, but I had no idea. So I separated the relics, the autos, and the "thick ones" and put them aside. The popularity of the UFC has grown exponentially since 2008, so I didn't get any autographs. It was a circus in the ATL! We come back home and i get to thinking about those cards and thought I would look and find out what the difference in them were. I found this site! I posted some questions and had several people help me via messages. It turns out that I had the "Holy Grail" of cards. The round 1 Royce Gracie 1/1 red card.
Let me tell you people, I am not normally that guy that has luck like that, but this time I did!
I ended up selling the card. I will not post how much or to whom I sold it to. The card is theirs now and I respect that. At any rate, I had gotten some cards from the person I sold the card to. Now I have several thousand cards...and almost a complete set of 2010 Emerald Knockout cards.
I have met some great people and I hope to say some great friends!!! Thanks to everyone that has helped me and traded with me!!! If there is anything I can do to help others...please let me know!!!!

Larry

matthewevan View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote matthewevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:28am
Great addition to the site.. Best thing about Larry.. is that at 7AM EST.. when you 'non-east coast' guys are still sleeping..BigDaddy is on BMMAC...this is great for me, b/c i used to log on at 7AM EST and see my name as the only guy signed on.. Now I am not so lonely...

In all seriousness.. This guy is great!  Easy to trade/deal with and a true fan of MMA.  and now a fan of top loaders/magnetic cases.. etc...

youngdiehl View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote youngdiehl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 12:07pm
Wow great intro! :)
Bucket

*Leftleg*
lesnar_fan View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote lesnar_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by matthewevan

Great addition to the site.. Best thing about Larry.. is that at 7AM EST.. when you 'non-east coast' guys are still sleeping..BigDaddy is on BMMAC...this is great for me, b/c i used to log on at 7AM EST and see my name as the only guy signed on.. Now I am not so lonely...

In all seriousness.. This guy is great!  Easy to trade/deal with and a true fan of MMA.  and now a fan of top loaders/magnetic cases.. etc...

thats only b/c u get up to late and im already off - i know when i log in at 5am est its usually only me and brandaloo on LOL LOL (hes just going to bed b/c hes on the west coast)
JustinSki View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JustinSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 2:11pm
welcome and I agree one of the best intros nice story thanks for sharing 
Brandaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brandaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 1:30am
Originally posted by lesnar_fan

Originally posted by matthewevan

thats only b/c u get up to late and im already off - i know when i log in at 5am est its usually only me and brandaloo on LOL LOL (hes just going to bed b/c hes on the west coast)

True story. I'm a night owl.
 Post Reply Post Reply