FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Amateur wrestling cards of MMA athletes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wrestlingcardking View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wrestlingcardking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amateur wrestling cards of MMA athletes
    Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 1:19pm
I just wanted to say hello to everyone here.  I have dealt with some of you already and hope to in the future.  My name is Rob England and I collect wrestling cards and do have some MMA cards now due to wrestlers getting into the sport.  MMA is definitely good for the value of my collection although this is more about a labor of love.  I just try to sell enough duplicates and items that are not essential to offset my spending...(not doing as well this year).  My ebay ID is wrestlingcardking (over 2000 feedback and 5.0 in three of the seller categories and 4.9 in shipping) and my website is found at www.myspace.com/wrestlingcardking .  Take a look and you may find something.  My first preference is to trade for items that I am looking for although making a sale works too.  I have browsed this site and finally decided to join and post.

As far as my collecting goes, I am looking to acquire the first autographed card of a MMA star who has a background in wrestling and prefer to have the base cards that mention their wrestling or to have a copy if I don't have it.  Once I have that athlete's card I am going to move on to the next guy.  I do not want to get too crazy in modern cards as I have wrestling cards that date back to the 19th century.  The wrestling competitions back then would most resemble "grappling" with submissions ending a match.

Thanks for managing this forum and giving us collectors an outlet.

Respectfully,
Rob England

blindside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blindside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:11am
hi Rob glad you found your way here

just to make things clear, this is not MR.Wrestling cards i have had problems with on ebay. i got a few pm's asking so i thought i should post here with that info.
blindside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blindside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:20am
If you can get me randy coutures rookie card from culture house plz let me know

Post Options Post Options   Quote wrestlingcardking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:53am
Absolutely not mr.wrestlingcards here.  It is a bit funny, if you look at his ebay ID he changed his name just after I changed mine to wrestlingcardking.  I'll take that as a compliment in coming up with my name.  I'm out in California and you are welcome to check out my ebay ID and feedback. 

Post Options Post Options   Quote wrestlingcardking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:54am
I might have a source for that Randy Couture card.  I'll check again as I hit up one of my sources some time ago when they were just getting "hot".  I used to send those for Randy to sign five at a time....jeez...
 Post Reply Post Reply