FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New to Card Collecting...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jyounce1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jyounce1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Card Collecting...
    Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 10:34am
So I just started collecting MMA cards cause I am a huge fan of MMA. I went to UFC 94 last year and that was the best time I have ever had. I have only been collecting for about a week but have all the ufc, wec, and debut cards. I do have a couple autos and relics too but wan to further my way into knowing the best way to find other memberable cards. I know it is not going to be simple but want to just know what others are doing...
VERA FAN View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote VERA FAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 10:44am
Ha man welcome 2 tha site enjoy any question just ask !!!!!!!!!!!!!
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 11:12am
I think locating what you want is about knowing why you are collecting.   There are usually 2 camps.   Collectors who just want to own what they buy and then there are investors trying to buy low and sell high.  
The best advice I can give is to take your time, ask lots of questions and don't bid on emotion.   That will save you tons.   
DSMmmaFAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DSMmmaFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:31pm
Welcome to the site. Keep your eyes open for good deals on this site from other members and also ebay is a good source.
Jyounce1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jyounce1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:42pm
Thanks for the advice. I am def one of those collectors that want to own everything. i dont play on selling much but either way it is fun doing this.
allanjfirman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote allanjfirman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 2:10pm
WELCOME TO THE SITE AND ENJOY .
dkdkdk9711 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote dkdkdk9711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 4:18pm
Buy lots when possible and sell singles when possible.  Give up the 1 card that people are overpaying for at the moment to get the 3 that you have been wanting for awhile.
lesnar_fan View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote lesnar_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 5:33pm
collect what u like - best advice any collector can follow - if ur in the game for the $$$ then u will always be doubting what u spent or didnt on a card - if u collect what u like and never plan to sell then youll enjoy everything u have....though finding that once in a while steal that ends up being worth alot more then u paid is always nice too ;) LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply