FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Chat box at bottom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chat box at bottom
    Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 8:57pm
Sometimes I forget this is a new feature.   I just got done checking my email 5 times in the same thread when I could have just chatted to you all in the chat box.

The only thing I really can't stand about the chat box is the whole log in factor every time if you leave the page.   It's good if you're just hanging and talking.   

Anyway,  it's there. 
Elite View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 4:31pm
How do you get this instant messaging to work?
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 4:40pm
It's kind of a pain in the butt.  But you have to log on to your Ustream account.  
And then if you leave the page or look at post, you will need to log in again.   I'm hoping we can get around that, but it may be hard.  
It works slick if you want to get into a back and forth conversation without PMing like crazy.

One other way around it is to open up 2 browser windows, that way you leave the chat up while you surf. 
 Post Reply Post Reply