FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Member Giveaway!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Kobraki View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Kobraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member Giveaway!
    Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 7:14am
Great guy to deal with, look forward to dealing with again, thanks man!!
matthewevan View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote matthewevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:17am
Hey:

I had an idea, and I hope you guys think it is worthwhile.  If not, tell me and I will shut up...

The name of this idea is "One Man's Trash"-  as we know what one man considers trash, another may consider treasure.. 

I am looking for a new member- someone with less than 100 posts- could be anyone-  The first person who responds by saying "I Love BMMAC" will be the winner.

Now- for what you win:

I have put together a small flat rate priority mail box ($5.20 postage)

That box has 20 cards in Top Loaders, all of which are either autos, relics, inserts or #ed cards.
The box presently includes cards of GSP, Bones, Aldo, Shields, Phil Davis and more.

None of the cards are crap- and they range from Rd1(Top Ten Fight Gold Insert)- to Ring Kings(Relic Auto)- to Title Shot (Autos) to Leaf (Dual Auto etc)..

The purpose of this box is for the New Member who gets it to go through it and select any of the cards that they are interested in.  After picking any of the cards.. there is NO Limit- You can take one, two or all twenty.. that New member must replace the same number of cards they take with cards of equal or better value (just be reasonable)..  The New member then comes back to this thread and asks for another new member to post a reply saying "I love BMMAC"-  Once that reply is received, and shipping address is obtained, the member packs up another Small Flat Rate Priority Mail box and ships the cards to the person who replied to them. 

It is that simple. 

The purpose of this idea is two-fold  1) New members will have an opportunity to build their collections by trading cards that they have and may not necessarily want for those that they are more interested in; and perhaps more importantly - 2) New members, by getting ivolved and following through with sending the box on to the next guy, will show that they are trustworthy and would make a good trading partner.  (kind of like building up a feedback/good reputation) Since I am putting up the first 20 cards, I am the only one who really stands to lose anything if someone runs away with the cards.. Hopefully that doesn't happen..  Anyway, I hope this idea catches on as a fun new way for New members to get involved in the site. 

Perhaps the member who wins can post what they took out and also what the put in the new box..

And now-- I need someone with less than 100 posts to reply that they Love BMMAC...anyone?

Mr.Slice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr.Slice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:32am

cp just went on full strike but i like this idea very much

Edited by Mr.Slice - 15 Jun 2011 at 11:33am
photobucket.com/Mr_Slice_Bones_Card_Collection
Mr.Slice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr.Slice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:37am

p.s ...i hate canada post : )

photobucket.com/Mr_Slice_Bones_Card_Collection
Furio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Furio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:46am
I think BMMAC is fab

Edit: but posting Intl maybe not a good idea! someone else can win!

Edited by Furio - 15 Jun 2011 at 11:55am
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote matthewevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 12:20pm
I can try to to a second box later today/tonight and keep that one for Canada only.. I dont want to limit the trading to just US members.  Beyond Canada, though, I dont want people to have to pay crazy shipping rates to get a Leaf Dual Auo or an Aldo Gear /188 or whatever..

KingLesnar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KingLesnar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 12:43pm
Its a cool idea! go for it

Edited by KingLesnar - 15 Jun 2011 at 12:45pm
BonesCollector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BonesCollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 3:26pm
I like this idea and "I LOVE BMMAC" would be happy to get involved get some cards and give some of mine. Thanks
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote matthewevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 4:04pm
Alright Bones Collector- You are getting the box.  PM me your shipping address and the cards will go out tomorrow.

Thanks. I hope this works out and the New members enjoy it!
jalenrepresents10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jalenrepresents10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 4:42pm

Cool idea.  I'll go through the box next if that's the plan. 

I think that we should also post what we took out and put back in the box.  Or maybe just send that information to Mathewevan.

Oh ya.  I love BBMAC.

Edited by jalenrepresents10 - 15 Jun 2011 at 4:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>