FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hello Guys!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Thallion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Thallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Guys!
    Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 6:56pm
Hello!

I am new to the site, and I absolutely love the sport of MMA.  I am most familiar with the UFC, and I am slowly becoming more familiar with the WEC.  I live on the coast of North Carolina, and I am a die hard Tar Heel fan.  (I know we are struggling this year.)  I decided to join the site, because everyone seems very helpful and some of you seem very business savvy.  I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all as my first boxes of Round 2 are on their way as we speak!  Speaking of which, I was wondering if any of you had any advice as to whether or not I should crack all of them or leave some sealed.  I definitely plan on opening the two retail boxes, and I have four hobby boxes coming.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

I also am beginning to collect UFC memorabilia here and there.  I have two different certified autographed pairs of GSP fight trunks, and a glove signed by Griffin and Bonnar. (Also Certified)  The big kid in me has the entire Series 0 set of Jakks UFC action figures as well.  Although I am a huge fan, I also am looking for a possible profit with some of these things in the future. 

I am once again looking forward to sharing the MMA experience with all of you.

Thanks!
allanjfirman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote allanjfirman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 1:10am
welcome tar heeler, who is your favorite fighter. also crackem all open and sit on them
Gimix View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gimix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 1:32am
Welcome Wink. Crack one box and put one box up in your closet and forget about it.....
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:15am
I would re sell your retail and try to gain that money back.   Sit on your hobby.  

Retail boxes are horrible IMO.   You might complete a base set currently selling for $10 or less.   You get one hit and that could end up being a card that has a hard time getting a $1 bid.  

There is always luck, but retail sucks.   I'm selling my boxes for $50 even though I bought them direct from Topps for 69.99.   You will never pull 69.99 out of a box unless you have awesome luck.  

Hobby boxes contain a chance at the Nickname Red Autos and could possibly hold their value, but with the rate of new releases, I doubt it.   I definitely think they are worth more as lottery tickets than cracked crap.  

I speak strongly because I've probably invested more than anyone I know.  

Thallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 8:18am
Thanks for the advice everybody.  Getting the retail boxes was an accident in the first place.  I didn't pay attention to the fine print about it it being a retail until the day after I bought them and they had shipped.  One auto and one relic for 24 packs seems ridiculous.  I am going to have to fight the urge to open up some of them though, because I haven't cracked boxes of cards in a long time, much less UFC cards.  My most regrettable thing is that I missed round 1 entirely.  I didn't know about it until the prices blew up.  Anyhow, I do hope that I can turn some sort of profit somehow with this round, but there seems to be a huge quantity of these compared to R1. 

To answer allan's question, my favorite fighter is without a doubt GSP.  I didn't jump on the bandwagon either.  I have been pulling for him for awhile.  Some of my other favorites are Griffin, Machida, Couture, Arlovski, W. Silva, Huerta, Guida, Penn, and Faber.
twoten01 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote twoten01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 9:54am
no sense sitting on retail or hobby, Topps produced plenty more of Round 2 than rd 1, and you can see that already with hobby boxes now in the $80 range, especially if Uncaged comes out on 2/24, like expected( I know, I know) I would def. sell the retail, you only get 1 relic OR 1 auto, and the odds of autos are pretty high, then again, me and my brother bought 8 packs out of a rummaged through retail box at target and pulled a Rich Franklin auto, so you never know.
Gimix View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gimix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:14pm
I didn't realize it said retail...
jsunsuper1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jsunsuper1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:21pm
Welcome, and crack it open and share your experience!
mmazbilski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmazbilski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 7:44am
welcome thallion, you're gonna love this site,the ppl are awsome here!
wrestlingcardking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wrestlingcardking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 10:00pm
welcome....you will meet good people and get some good advice along the way.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>