FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Well, I'll go first since I own the thing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
kromeace View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote kromeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well, I'll go first since I own the thing
    Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 4:30pm
Welcome Joe... 
mmadb.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmadb.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Chris

Hey Joe, I am the one who sold you the K-1 cards from FCB!
Good to see you here.

Nice, now I have no reason to go back there Smile!
chasejrohrer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote chasejrohrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 8:45pm
So- Im Chase. Im a stucco contractor, and I live in Colorado home of Ufc #1. I have been coming to this site since before it was even up and running. Seriously. Im 30years old, and I have always loved mma/ martial arts. Took some kenpo, took some Bjj- blah blah blah. I try to never miss a UFC event, and all my friends do the same. We get together and go to the local kickdown fights on a regular basis as well. For some reason, this is what I love. I dont watch football. Dont watch baseball, soccer, or pole vaulting. I never collected anything in my life. I was looking to invest a little money in something I loved. When I ran across these cards and saw what the prices were doing, a match was made. The monster was born. I have a retarded collection now- havent sold a 1. I went Crazy on round 1 and the Ring Kings. Starting to work on round 2 now. I have multiple sets of round 1, a couple of round 2. Also have a full set of ring king mat/ autos. I have hundreds of misc. cards as well- lots of autos, and a some 1/1's. I will start selling in the winter when work slows down- lets hope this thing pays off for all of us! It was great breaking that last case with all of you. I wish I would have gotten on the forum sooner.
mtbasessportscards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbasessportscards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 1:30am
Whats up!

My name is Ray, my friends call me (Mass-C).  I am 32 years old, I am a bartender in upstate NY.  I have been watching the UFC since the very beginning when Royce was winning them all.  I didn't watch many thru UFC 20-40 or so, not sure what I was doing at that time.  I started watching again sometime around UFC 40, and haven't missed many since.  I have only been to two live events:  UFC 79 (St. Pierre vs Hughes, Liddell vs W.Silva, Machida vs Sokoudjou) that was amazing.  UFC 100 (4th Row from Cage) (Lesnar vs Mir, St. Pierre vs Alves, Henderson vs Bisping) UNBELIEVABLE!!!  I went to the UFC Fan Expo both days, the whole trip was a blast.  I will put up some of my pics and my collection of Topps UFC cards soon, in the bragging writes section of the forum.
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 1:53am
Nice to have you here!   Seems like every guy I meet on here is 32, including myself.  
Cant wait to see the bragging rights.  

kromeace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kromeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by rolinger

Nice to have you here!   Seems like every guy I meet on here is 32, including myself.  
Cant wait to see the bragging rights.  

AGE... I am invoking my own "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy... so don't ask me cuz I ain't telling how old I am!!!

Welcome aboard guys... Big smile
Metermind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Metermind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 12:11am
My name is Diego.
I've been a fan of the sport since UFC 1, but stopped following somewhere along the way. I found my way back just in time to witness Matt Hughes slam Carlos Newton on his head. My wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary by heading to Las Vegas to attend the Fan Expo and UFC 100 live. It was a dream come true and we're already planning our next fight vacation.
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 3:13pm
Love all the pics.   Thanks for sharing all of those with us.  
Good to have you here as well! 

MistaSniffles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote MistaSniffles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 12:42pm

My first memory of UFC was when I was in high school and my friend was talking about Tank Abbott knocking the heck out of some dude and that I needed to watch it, so I went to his house and checked it out. At the time I was just like, holy moses that dude is knocked out cold and I thought it was really cool since up to that point the hardest dudes I'd seen on TV were the Road Warriors on WWF/WCW/NWA, etc.  

After that, I didn't really watch a lot of it, but would catch some here and there. Then fast forward some years and I was taking karate classes and everyone was talking about UFC and submissions and so we would all chip in some buckolas and watch the fights, this is when I really was following it closely.

Now, about a year ago I was engaged/married/had a kid/bought a house/moved/got a new job, and so life has been hectic and I dont' know many of the fighters nor have I seen them fight. I have been getting back into watching and trying to keep up with it lately.

As far as the card collection, I've been collecting cards since I was a kid, bought and sold collections over the years, and I've recently been riding high on collecting my favorite football team, the Colts. Somehow I was on eBay looking at Colts cards, then was looking at UFC stuff and then realized there were UFC cards. After a few google searches I stumbled in this forum when I was looking to buy UFC cards and the rest is history.

I can't buy any cards locally b/c Wal-Mart/Target/local card shops don't have any cards. One local card shop has a guy selling singles on consignment and I picked up a Jon Jones auto for $10. That is my UFC collection right now. One card.

Favorite fighters are Tim Sylvia (when he was in UFC and good), Keith Jardine, Chuck Liddell, BJ Penn, Brandon Vera, and Tito Ortiz.

Edited by MistaSniffles - 06 Nov 2009 at 12:56pm
lesnar_fan View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote lesnar_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 6:53pm
hi, im nick, 29 from LI my first ufc was ufc 41 when mir tapped tank in the first minute of the fight. Obviously by my user name you can tell im a huge brock lesnar fan. Like many others ive read here i used to be a big pro wrestling fan, lost interest after the "attitude era" endedand havent watched since becoming a religous mma fan. i primarily collect baseball cards/memorabilia but liked the ring kings cut autos and went after them and then started picking up the other random mma cards that were out there (the rampage and couture A&G autos etc) right now i mainly just try to collect lesnar cards for now but may eventually move into more mma material. looking forward to talking to everyone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>