FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

N00b Squad has arrived!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BrockyMosh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BrockyMosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N00b Squad has arrived!
    Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 1:03am
Hey guys! So stoked I found this site/forum!

Anyways, im from Kansas City, currently a student in college. Besides watching MMA, I book shows for touring metal/hardcore bands, which is super rad. Just a little useless info.

But I just bought my 1st box set last week. 2010 Main Event. There is SOO much I need to learn about these cards. I have kind of creeped the forum a little bit and im totally lost on all the lingo and what rounds are what and what cards come in what years, etc, etc.. I guess I learn as I go.

Might as well add my favorite fighters to.

BJ Penn
Paul Daley
Gilbert Yvel
Matt Serra
VERA FAN View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote VERA FAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:28am
Ha man welcome and enjoy tha site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSMmmaFAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DSMmmaFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:52am
Welcome to the site buddy. The easiest way to learn what cards are in what set is to check out ebay. It makes it a little easier when you can actually see the cards and a name. Also UFC 2009 is aka Round 2, and Main Event is aka Uncaged (the original name of the product) Enjoy the site and feel free to ask any questions
aznbala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aznbala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 10:56am
Welcome, another BJ Penn fan!!  Yes the UFC cards can get confusing.  Maybe someone should do a write up or like a faq.
Looking for Alves & Miguel Torres stuff. Paying top dollar! PM me
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrockyMosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by aznbala

Welcome, another BJ Penn fan!!  Yes the UFC cards can get confusing.  Maybe someone should do a write up or like a faq.

That would be awesome if someone did!
aznbala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aznbala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 12:30pm
love the avatar btw.  Lima is one of my favorites.  She has the most beautiful eyes.
Looking for Alves & Miguel Torres stuff. Paying top dollar! PM me
allanjfirman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote allanjfirman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:21pm
WELCOME TO THE SITE , ENJOY .
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrockyMosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 9:55pm
I actually have some questions for whoever wants to answer them..

1. What is/what does 'RELIC' stand for?
   these cards would contain a shirt, mat, or cage piece in the card.
2. What is a jumbo card?
     In the new Main Event, The jumbo is the Jumbo Patch Auto's limited to only 10 made.
3. How do you know if your card is numbered? I opened a single 2010 Hobby Edition pack today and pulled out a Nate Quarry Blue Autograph card, but no number..?
 There is a stamped serial number on most rare autos.  You probably only got a regular Quarry, in which there are probably hundreds made.
4. What are the gold, platinum and other colors means?
    This will be the most confusing one to answer, as Topps does not keep the "parallels" consistant.
   In Round 1, There were GOLD Parallels of the Base card, which had no serial number.  But at the same time, there was a Gold Parallel of the Inserts that were limited to 88. 
In each new set, they have made it really confusing because they have introduced the same colors, but some are limited to 1/1 /8 /50 /199  ect.....  Some Golds are very numerous  such as the Gold THick Cards.    
I think your best bet is to take a look at some of the spreadsheet checklists that have been made.   Email me at info@buymmacards.com and I'll send you what I have for 2009 (Rd 2), and Main  Event.
5. Are any of those worn gear/cage gear cards rare? Are they numbered?
    THe ones with the mat, cage, and gear are very rare.   There are probably 50 or less.   Otherwise, the only rare ones would have a serial number on it.
I have a lot of questions, but thats it for now.
Great Questions, and it takes a while to get your head around it, especially if you were not collecting them as they came out.   But in a week or so, you'll be throwing out lingo confusing the next new guy.  

Edited by rolinger - 26 Mar 2010 at 9:27am
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 9:26am
I edited your post to make it easy to see answers to your questions.   BTW, welcome to the site, I'm the guy who tries to run this place.  
osper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote osper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 11:47am
hey welcome i'm kinda in the same boat about lingo. this is a great site.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>