FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SECRET SANTA 2012- Post Results!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
matthewevan View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote matthewevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SECRET SANTA 2012- Post Results!!
    Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 9:46am
Welcome to the 3rd Annual BMMAC Secret Santa!! We had 20 guys participate in 2010 and upped that to 24 last year. The site has added a lot of great members since then so I am hopeful that the number of participants increases again this year.  If you get a minute, search "Secret Santa" and check out some of the awesome (and creative) gifts that our members sent out in the last 2 years.  The generosity of the members has been outstanding and it is nice to see folks get cards/autos/ and other miscellaneous items of the fighters that they actually collect!!

From now until 12/11, Participants can sign up by responding "Im In" to this thread.  I will be updating the list as people sign up. 

For anyone new to this, or for those of you who are forgetful and even the members who keep forgetting their meds.. (See RingKingAl)....Here is how it will work- anyone who wants to participate should reply to the thread with an "Im In" and then pm me with your address-  When you post "Im In" also add a little bit about yourself- specifically, who you are a fan of and whether you like Leaf over Topps, (or if you happen to like Ring Kings over both Topps AND Leaf...crazy talk!)..relics over autos, etc..(the point is to help steer your Santa towards stuff you will like)

On 12/11 at Midnight EST, We will close down the Secret Santa enrollment and I will count up the participants.  You will then get a PM from me the following day with the name AND address of your Secret Santa recipient.  There are no rules about what you should send (no minimum or maximum value or amount of cards).  The recipient will have provided some clues about the fighters they like.. and whether they like relics or autos..etc. 

If you reply with an "Im In" you are agreeing that you will pay for shipping of your package to the recipient.  In turn, someone will be sending you a package. 

A few notes-
1) I will do my best to pair up Australia with Australia, Canada with Canada and so on so that shipping costs are not crazy. 

2) Remember that you are a member of the BUYMMACARDS community and as such, some thought should go into the package that you send.  (This doesn't mean that if you get a guy who is a fan of GSP you have to send a GSP auto... but, If you have an extra GSP card, or poker chip or whatever, maybe you throw that in with your other stuff. Again, there are no rules!)

3) After the enrollment period is up we will try to ship in a specific 2-3 day window (from 12/12-12/15) so that people get their packages at about the same time

4) I will start another thread in a few weeks for people to post what they got from their Secret Santa.  After that recipient posts(AND ONLY AFTER THAT POST) can the Secret Santa reveal them self and take credit for the package that they have sent.

It is pretty straightforward-  Do not respond if you do not intend to follow through.  I am hopeful that we get a large response. 

In my humble opinion.. this was a pretty successful 'event' the last 2 years and our members really outdid themselves with the gifts that they sent! 

This is a nice way for you to help establish yourself if you are a new member and/or to say thank you to a member who may have helped you out during the year.  

Thanks for your time- and happy holidays in advance!
Matt

PS: if anyone has any questions.. or suggestions on how to improve the Secret Santa from last year please let me know..

Participants: (I will update this as people respond)
1) YoungDiehl
2) Sirmoonshine
3) Mdub
4) Facepunter
5) Freakfluke
6) Jalenrepresents10
7) Darthgregor
8) Dr Harry Paratesties
9) Rolinger 1977
10) Pelhamc
11) BDean 1982
12) MMAKing 505
13) RB808
14) UGLY
15) Pureownageization
16) TheRealBradU
17) Cockblocks
18) LeftlegCemetery
19) Demac09
20) TheGore

Keep the names coming!!! Thanks!!

Edited by matthewevan - 17 Dec 2012 at 2:41pm
youngdiehl View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote youngdiehl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 10:04am
Wow this is great! I joined the site this spring so this will be my first Secret Santa.

My name is Matthew and I am a active duty Air Force Captain, currently living in San Antonio and my family was blessed with our newest addition Brooke on 1 Oct. I have been a fan since its inseption of UFC 1 but "die hard" since around 2005-2006.  I recently completed a tour to Afghanistan and returned 2011, while there i was fortunate enough to earn a bronze star and many guys there train crossfit/bjj so that was great to learn, it allowed me to appreciate the sport that much more.

If you made it this far thank you/im sorry Clap but i tend to gravitate toward collecting Tim Kennedy/Brian Stann (both were/are in the military), bucket is updated on what i have and my epic quest to complete the 2012 MOT Independence Ed  base set (seriously way to hard), I also admire how GSP and Anderson train and fight.  But i learned from a early age any gift will be appreciated so no matter what I am lucky to receive i will appreciate the time and effort, topps, leaf, RK, auto, relic , auto shirts/photos, even a S4 box Ouch, or bloodlines box Big smile.  Whatever, holiday you celebrate or what you believe in this upcoming season make the best of it and enjoy the time off, with your familes and opening the random present from that crazy Aunt! 

Happy Holidays

Edited by youngdiehl - 10 Dec 2012 at 10:04am
Bucket

*Leftleg*
sirmoonshine View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote sirmoonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:32am
I'm in fo' sho'!!!

Look on my feedback page for a list of Golds, Silvers, etc that I'm in need of

Always collecting Couture (anything, base cards, relics, autos... see my photobucket link for what I have) and I don't mind getting doubles, triples of anything :)

Just started collecting Dominick Cruz and Cowboy Cerrone, but those are only like 20 cards deep, so no photobucket (yet), but ditto on those guys (base cards, whatever)

My T-Shirt size is Large
My Blood Type is B pos
I love long walks on the beach while intoxicated
MMMM "special" brownies
and I love BMMAC!!!
mdub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 3:06pm
Im in.

Thank you matthewevan for running this each year!

Im a big jiu jitsu fan, I train all the time.  Favorite fighters are bj penn, maia, jacare souza, verdum, dunham.  I also like mat relics.  
FACEPUNTER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote FACEPUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 3:34pm
Im in for reals this year. Last year I was off the site for almost 3 months after I said I was in. I was really bummed  not to be able to participate. I hope I can be included this year. 
 I have a fondness for Chute Boxe Vale Tudo Fighters especially Shogun. Im working on some sets of different items listed in my ultimate feedback. Thanks guys Merry Xmas
freakfluke View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote freakfluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 10:41pm
In.
Nobody hears
jalenrepresents10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jalenrepresents10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:25pm
In again. Last two years were fun. I like lots of things. Randy, chuck, rnd1, any random lots I receive in the mail.... Not leaf though. 
Successful trades with - Demac09, Brandaloo, Telis22, Matthewevan, Daparham, Raleighwood
DarthGregor View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote DarthGregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:38pm
The Dude is in like Flint!  Massive Guida Nuthugger, also like Alessio Sakara and Mike Pierce.  But the dude abides and loves all that is MMA!!
Feedback/Needs   Looking for all things Guida
dr_harry_paratesties View Drop Down
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Quote dr_harry_paratesties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 9:59am
"I'm IN"
Huge BJ Penn fan. I'm allergic to Leaf and Rory cards.

Machida, GSP, Jones fan too, oh and of course I collect autos but I also like interesting relics that include (R) trademarks and weird 1/1 type image relics.

Thanks Matt!!!
Rolinger1977 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rolinger1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 2:06pm
I'm in.

Would rather have one high end card rather than a box full of stuff.   

Like 1st time Rare Cards (#/ed 25 or less)
Schaub
Ebersole
Porier
TJ Grant (Round 2 Ruby PLEASE!!)  
Rousey
Round 1 VD Golds or anything Red
Main Event or MOT Sparkle 1/1's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>