FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Well, I'll go first since I own the thing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
rolinger View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rolinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well, I'll go first since I own the thing
    Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 7:56pm
Hello everyone!

My name is Robert Olinger "rolinger".   I live in Iowa and have loved MMA since 1994 when I watched UFC 3 on VHS.   I was in Tae Kwon do for many years growing up and a co worker said I would enjoy this video.   I was hooked and have been a nut since.   Since I live in Iowa, the home of Cauliflower ear, I've always enjoyed wrestling with my friend until one of us gives up.   I started learning jitz from someone who knew what they were doing and just love it.  I enjoy fights with a lot of transitions on the ground.   Perfect examples would be Diaz/Sanchez or Condit/Kampmann.  

I then saw on a PPV that they were going to start making MMA trading cards.  I said to myself that I was going to buy as many as I could.   I did not collect trading cards before (except when a little kid) so I had no idea that they would not just show up at Wal Mart.   I missed the first couple weeks and finally was searching on Ebay for other stuff and saw them on a UFC search.   I started buying as many cases as I could.   I also snagged most of the 1/1's of the current champs.   I had invested so much that I figured to build site that I could sell my own cards.   I picked a domain name that I knew would be perfect when people are looking to "buy mma cards".   I worked very hard to show up on Google first and had established myself there.   I also started talking to people who would email me through my site.   Each one was just as big of MMA fan as I.  

When it came to re selling things, I really did not like losing so much to fees, so that was my big motivation for starting this.   I figured others would enjoy no fees as much as me so I decided to invest a ton more and have this built for others.   I also had a strong desire to support fighters financially.  I really enjoy this sport and want to give back.   When I thought about advertising, I know most is just down the drain.  I figured if I was going to lose a bunch on advertising, I'd rather have it support a fighter for a few months, so that they can train full time.    The way this site works is that everyone helps each other and everyone mutually benefits.  There are no losers when it comes to Our site, the fighters, and you the members.   We all benefit from each other.

So that's my story.  I have more passion for MMA than I know what to do with, therefore I will pour everything I have into making this the best  MMA trading card site on the planet.     The way you help is hang out, get to know who you buy from, and list your cards.   The more you do this, the more of a snowball will happen, and we will all do well, especially the fighters.  

Here's a snapshot of my family. 

So, who are you?

Edited by rolinger - 26 Oct 2010 at 1:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123